Subject: Re: [Leica] pinkheadedbug
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 15:56:46 -0500

on 5/1/01 4:23 pm, Douglas Cooper at douglas@metaversalstudios.com wrote:

> I like these pictures *a lot*.  If Weegee had shot in London with color
> film, it might have looked something like this.  In fact, I think you've
> managed to produce a signature style that's considerably more interesting
> than what I have to date.

Thanks. This is an 'old' technique for me, one I originally used more than
ten years ago and then gave up in favour of natural light. However, going
back to it felt good and interesting.

> When you say "open flash," do you mean bulbs, or simply a flash aimed
> directly?

I mean flash + longish exposure for ambient light.

> (And how do these people react to having a flash explode in their faces?)

they don't, much. One or two people asked me why I was taking pictures.
Really no more reaction than shooting without flash. Possibly less.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com