Subject: [Leica] Re: Week 1 is Up
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 05:04:25 -0800 (PST)

MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com> wrote:

> What is the general consensus...should something like "One Photo a
> Week With My Leicas" be about the final image only, using any means
> necessary or should it be about what one can create in camera with
> average processing/printing and normal scanning?

My view is that these are personal projects.  It's not a contest to
see who can get the best photo of the week.  It's only a contest
within yourself.

Do whatever makes you comfortable.  It's art.  Or it's not.
Whichever.  Both.  Just for <insert diety of choice>'s sake, just
don't use the wrong kind of tape on you camera.

Of course, it's Saturday morning as I write this, and I've yet to
shoot any film this week.  I've got to get my butt in gear, because I
thought I'd try this, too.  I'm uninspired this morning, however.
Outside is a mess.  We're getting the first above-freezing temps in a
month, and the place is turning into an ugly mess.  (During the month
of December, we had 7 hours above 32 F, according to the news.)

I think my life must just be boring compared to Kyle's.  Either that,
or I put my money into a lens instead of beer and concert tickets, and
that's the difference!