Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodak TMZ
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@metaversalstudios.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:44:46 -0800

Never been guilty of this, as I can't afford titanium (or ostrich skin, or
beeswax, or whatever else they're wrapping Leica in these days).

A rule I have broken recently, however, is my own insistence upon slow color
film.  I did a portrait shoot the other day (actor's headshot) with a roll
of Kodak TMZ I had sitting in the fridge.  Shot it at EI 1000, and processed
normal (1200).  The results were *superb.*  I shot a roll or Tri-X at the
same time, and the grain was virtually identical.

I find it peculiar that Tmax technology gives ordinary grain -- I thought
these films had their own peculiar effects when pushed (and I haven't used
them all that much).  Anyone else have experience with ultra-fast black and
white film?  I'm told the Neopan is even better.s

Douglas Cooper
www.dysmedia.com

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Kodak TMZ)