Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIg, To Trim or Not To Trim?
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:40:15 -0800

I have owned a IIIg since 1957 when I purchased it new.  Shortly after its
purchase, I tried some Ansco film and found it would not load and advance
through the camera.  To make matters worse, little film chips were broken
loose.

The Leica dealer in Eagle Rock showed me the leader trimming required and
sold me a Leitz template which I used most of the time, although I quickly
learned to trim the leader without it.

I am a strong advocate for properly trimming the leader for any LTM cameras.

Best regards,
Roland Smith
roland@dnai.com