Subject: Re: [Leica] How can I stop my rabbit from chewing on the cables
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:23:36 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 08/01/01 06:26:07 Paris, Madrid, summarex@yahoo.com
a écrit :

<< Hi Everyone
 I have slightly OT problem.
 My rabbit, a miniature floppy ear is allowed to roam the house
 just like a cat or dog would. Though not an animal lover, I considered
 it cruel to confine him to a cage 23 hours of the day. Unfortunately I
 can't seem to stop him from chewing on the wires behind the stereo
 and there is no practical way of blocking access to them. Already he has
 managed to chew through a few premium grade audio connectors
 and the power cables are showing signs of gnawing. Naturally if he were to
 bite through one of these he'd fry himself in seconds and it would be
 off to the taxidermist. To make matters worse he could also burn the house
 down.
 along with the camera collection, which includes a few Leicas. I've heard
 that
 there is a liquid of some sort that's applied to nervous birds in order to
 keep them
 from plucking themselves raw. Does a rabbit oriented equivalent of this
 liquid exist?
 Anybody know what it's called. I thought it might be possible to coat the
 wires with it
 to keep him from chewing. Is there any other solution which doesn't require
 confining
 him? His name is Andy.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.
 See Ya
 Javier

One Leica strap per day should calm his envies .
Dr Jo GOODTIMES , specialized in Leica owners rabbits , France

Replies: Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] How can I stop my rabbit from chewing on the cables)