Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Reala
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 18:23:02 -0600

>> What do you mean they pulled Reala?
>> Its available as far as I know.

snipped
>You might be thinking of Reala Superia, which is a second-rate consumer
>film.  (Reala was sold as a consumer-grade film in North America, but
>professionals relied on it pretty heavily.)

>Douglas Cooper

Douglas,

I like Sal's answer better. :)

I know for sure that Ocotber 1999 they added the 4th layer to the Superia
films. (Reala already had 4 layers and they went downline with it)

On what do you base your statement? It seems only a packaging/labeling
change to me. I saw on the Fuji USA site BOTH 100 speed Superia and 100
speed Reala Superia (small type on label).
Have you shot some of each recently? (old Reala, new Reala Superia,
Superia)
Whats the story??

Henry