Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systems
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:31:12 -0600

Dan

>>the more expensive the Contax, the more likely they are to
have problems.<<

Owned several Contax bodies. Problems with all except the S2. Still have an
ST. It seems to me that Contax started with a premier design but decided to
save on a buck on a part here and there. These became weak links. With the
ST it's the meter coupling system. I like the ST. But I prefer the R7. Can't
say why, really. Same for the lenses. I have older Contax lenses and they're
every bit their Leica counterparts (which I also own and use). But I prefer
Leica lenses. Except for the Contax 85/1.4, which is my favorite lens for
h&s portraits.

Dave