Subject: Re: [Leica] viewing contact sheets
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 19:08:31 -0800

Dan Honemann wrote:

> stack of
> these to wade through, I'm finding myself going bleary-eyed and wanting
> something better than my handheld magnifier.<<<<<,

Hi Dan,

Sometimes when we have a big pile of sheets to edit we use a large strong as
I could find, hand magnifier with handle, not a loupe. In this way you can
skip along much faster and if a frame looks promising then you put the loupe
to it. Otherwise you skim along quite easily and it also gives the eye to
loupe a rest.

And as you know me having only one eye, I have to "keep an eye " on it all
the time and I try not to over tax it reading contact sheets

Another one which is rather rudimentary but works,  is to use the light
table if you have a big one and just put the sheet on it and scan over them
in this backlit fashion. Magifying glass or loupe work very well.  It isn't
great and we don't use it for final selection but it just gives your eye or
eyes a break.

ted Grant.