Subject: Re: [Leica] viewing contact sheets
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 23:10:17 -0600

I wear a pair of +2.75 reading glasses ($9.95 at WalMart) which puts me in
focus at about 8 inches from the contact sheet.  This is close enough to
make a pretty good guess as to the quality of a 35mm frame, and having both
eyes open helps keep headaches and eyestrain away.  Bright light is
essential, though.

If I want to get closer I swing down a 5x loupe that I clip to the top of
the lens in front of my right eye.  This loupe is a generic Chinese product
that I picked up for under $10 from a guy with tables full of miniature
tools and cheap optical items at a gun show, train show or camera show
(can't remember which, as he appears at all of them.)  It has a small rubber
coated spring clip to attach to the lens, and can be swung up out of the way
easily.

Cheers,
Kip