Subject: Re: [Leica] The Joy of the Darkroom and Thanks!
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:06:31 -0500

Doug Herr jotted down the following:

> A phrase I've heard and like very much is "Pay me forward", meaning "return
> the favor by passing your knowledge along to the next eager student".  I've
> been unable to pay back the generosity of many along the way, so the best I
> can do is pay them forward.

Yup.  I practice this, or try to, with the various people I meet virtually
and physically.  Hey -- I TA for a profession ;)  I occasionally also
practice random acts of kindness to people I don't know.  When they ask me
how to pay me back, I tell them: "do the same for some other stranger some
day".  Can't remeber where I picked this up, but it was years ago.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "Any sufficiently advanced technology
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  is indistiguishable from magic."
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |               -- Arthur C. Clarke