Subject: [Leica] Screw-Bayonet adapters
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:06:53 -0000

Tom,
While I haven't tried any of the Cosina/Voigtlander adapters, I did come
across the first instance of having a problem with a Japanese adapter the
other day.
I was trying to connect a Russar 20mm to a Japanese adapter and it
wouldn't. It stuck solid after no more than a turn.
The manufacturer's name wasn't on it, I've some made by Komura, these
worked, and the ones from Leica worked but I suspect that one of the
cheaper manufacturers over there may still be under an illusion that the
mount is 39mm x 1mm rather than 39mm x 26TPI.
The rogue adapter seemed to work with most other lenses but got stuck on a
35/2.8 Canon where other Canon lenses were fine.
I suspect that there are manufacturing tolerances, and then again,
manufacturing tolerances...
Thanks for confirming the upcoming 21mm lens, I thought it had be in the
pipeline.

Jem