Subject: Re: [Leica] Uncoated Black Screw Mount 90mm F4 Elmar - Opinions ?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:28:59 -0500

I had one- and like a fool sold it to Martin Howard who adamantly refused to
sell it back to me- so I got another one and love it! Since I use Tri-X
mostly, the idea that this lens might not render as fine a detail is moot,
but I did find that with ISO 200 color film that the lens seemed to be very
flattering with a certain softness, but at the same time, it could resolve
the stray hair very well- sound contradictory, I know, but it makes for some
interesting images!
The slightly lower contrast is great for portraits, too. If you fins a good
clean example, jump on it- if you don't like it, I'll buy it off you! So,
you can't go wrong here!
Dan