Subject: Re: [Leica] it's easier than that to get the LTM-M adapter off a lens...
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:32:51 -0500

I found that some early M mount lenses were actually LTM lenses with the
adapter glued on. I had an old Hektor done that way, and was able to take
the lens head out, and then set the mount end into a shallow dish of
acetone, cover it, and let it soak for a day or two which softened the
adhesive. It seemed to be something like the canada balsam used to glue lens
elements, and did come apart, but if you can't remove the lens cell or head,
I would be cautious about trying this method.
If someone could research and find what Leitz used, then finding a solvent
might be a little more easy.
Dan