Subject: Re: [Leica] viewing contact sheets
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:32:31 -0800

Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> wrote:
> DR summicron reversed makes a perfect Leica Loupe ;-)

I was wondering if someone would mention "louping" with a reversed 50mm
lens.  My loupe is a 50mm f/1.4 Olympus Zuiko.  Much better than my
crummy plastic 8x Agfa Loupe. On the Olympus list, several people have
mentioned "loupe service" as something to do with the extra 50mm lenses
one aquires while hunting down the perfect camera body.

And to stay on topic:  There's something ironic about using an Olympus
lens to view Leica contact sheets, negatives and slides.

- --Peter Klein,
Seattle, WA