Subject: [Leica] Several photographs
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:16:13 -0600

Browsing through some family stuff during the holidays I came across some
interesting photographs. Thought I'd post two prints.

#1 My greatgrandfather and my uncles. Photograph taken in Albert Lea, MN in
1905. Brings home the value of archival processing, does it not? The print
appeared to be a 4X5 contact. I never met these characters as I wasn't born
until '54. Hard to imagine this image was made a decade prior to WWI. They
probably had a hunch this would show up in cyberspace.
http://spokes.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$59

#2 A photograph from Egypt in 1917.
http://spokes.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$58

Also, a recent Leica photograph
http://spokes.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$60

I couldn't come close to duplicating darkroom results with digital using the
Leica neg. I tried quadtones on a very expensive inkjet paper. But nothing
compared to the MGIV print in terms of depth. Some negs favor the darkroom.
Others digital, I think.

Dave

BTW, sorry my site is cumbersome to navigate. I'm working on it. It's just
for fun.