Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kenya
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:52:44 -0500

Hi, Dave -

Yes, I do all of my own E-6 processing in a Jobo.

The Provia 400F is great!  I was hoping to find a high speed transparency
film for exactly the same reasons.  Provia 400F is it.  It's very
fine-grained for a 400 speed film.  I pushed it to 800 and it still looks
great.  None of the graininess in the black that high speed transparency
film showed before.  I'll try to get some of my Kenya shots on my web site
next week.  Right now I'm mounting, scanning, and filing 200 rolls of film!

Tina

At 03:59 PM 1/11/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Tina
>
> >>Anybody have any recommendations for a good, cheap slide mounter?<<
>
>Do you do all our own E-6 processing?
>
>Also, didn't you recently start using Provia 400F? I'm curious to know how
>it's working out. I started using color neg film excusively, simply for
>speed. I intended to scan everything for archive. It's not working out.
>Especially for images more than a year old. I'm finding that it's very
>cumbersome to search through negs or scanned images. Much faster to review
>slides on a light board.
>
>Dave

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com