Subject: [Leica] Re: Yet another LTM -> M adapter question
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:04:41 -0500

A.H.SCHMIDT <horsts@primus.com.au> wrote:

> All the Leitz screw mount lenses line up at the 2 O'Clock position.
> So do all the non Leitz screw mount lenses I have ever used or
> seen. This includes the real Voigtlander, Dallmeier, Taylor & Hobson
> etc. This goes for all focal length lenses. not just the 50mm.

I checked most of my LTM lenses on a IIIf, M2 (via Leitz adapter) and
Bessa-R. Results were the same with each camera. Looking straight on at the
camera's front the Leitz lenses do indeed all bottom out at the 2 O'Clock
position. My 85 & 135mm Nikkors do the same (with the 135 this leaves the
tripod mount at 6 O'Clock where it belongs). My 15 and 35mm Cosina
Voigtländer lenses stop at 11:58. Same with the 21mm Kobalux. So it seems
the newer lenses, made with M mounting as a distinct possibility (Cosina
makes LTM-to-M adapters, the Kobalux comes with one), aim to conform–though
not exactly for some reason–to standard M lens behavior.

- -Dave-