Subject: [Leica] Re: [Below len filters]
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:09:23 -0800

An additional comment about using below the lens filters. Years ago I
stopped using them when enlargers started coming equipped with filter
drawers and dichro heads. Last year I picked up a new Koday Polymax filter
kit on sale at Gassers. It is so much easier to use than the drawers and
dichro.I use it on my Beseler 45 with the dichro head turned to zeros. It
also fits four other ancient enlargers I have. Plus, exposure times are
(more or less) consistent. Even the !@#$%! loosey goosie Beseler 45 doesn't
shift focus when I change a filter. Try tuning the dichro and see where it
goes. Of course the Valoy stays focused when hit with a ball peen hammer..
Some old tech is good tech.

Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: [Below len filters])