Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M2 and 28mm lens
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:44:45 -0500

> Okay, a question concerning the M2:  if I get one of these, is the outside
> frame of the viewfinder accurate enough to shoot with my 28mm?  (The 28mm
> frame line on the M4-P is pretty close to the edge.)  Or is it closer to
> 25mm?  I'm debating whether to keep the Konica 28.  Alternately, I'd be
> happy to trade it for an early 35mm Summicron (in chrome); this at least I
> *know* will suit the M2.
>

> Douglas Cooper
> http://www.dysmedia.com

One of my M2's has the M4P rangefinder in it and the 28 frame is way out on
the edge, so much so that I have to wiggle around to even see it and the 90
frame is also pulled up. When I put a 28 on a stock M2 it is the same thing
except there is no 28 frame. None of this has ever bothered me over a
several year period, this 28 mm practically lives on this body. And the
focus is the same between the two cameras. Also, I never do any critical
composition for my M photography. So I think the issue comes down to how
what kind of photography you are doing and how critical your composition
needs to be.

Steve
Annapolis