Subject: [Leica] Re: Backup Camera
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:18:41 -0500

Frank Filippone <red735i@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I always have a backup Leica available on a trip, "just in
> case"... I use a Leica CL as the backup for my M6....it
> stays in my luggage until needed. The most I can miss is 1
> day of shooting...  It does not require a great outlay of
> cost to purchase, and includes a meter.
>
> What about others?

I don't carry a backup per se but I like to have two cameras available. On
my trip out west last year I took my IIIf with 15mm Cosina Voigtländer
(borrowed, subsequently bought one), 35mm Summaron & 50mm Elmar in addition
to my M2 with 35 & 90mm Summicrons. I had both cameras with me wherever I
went. Next time (coming up soon!) instead of the IIIf I'll probably take my
newly-acquired SL2 with 50, 180 & 350 lenses and exercise my telephoto
skills.

- -Dave-