Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W enlargements
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:12:47 +0200

Before I bought my Leitz V35 with a multgrade module, I used a Leitz
Focomat with Ilford filters beneath the lens. The last prints I did
with the Focomat were from the same negatives as I used to make the
first prints with my V35. The prints came out the same. Only
difference is that the V35 is much more convenient in several
respects. Print quality, I just can not see any difference.

Chris

>Do any Luggers use 0-5 filters, such as Ilford's, under their enlarger
>lenses to increase or decrease contrast and detect a decrease in sharpness
>in their prints because of this arrangement? I have acquired my father's 50s
>Kodak condensor enlarger with a Schneider lens and it has the old, standard
>swing out circular metal device just below the lens. The enlarger will not
>accept Ilford's flat sheet filters above the negative. Thanks for
>responding.
>
>Terry

- --
Christer Almqvist