Subject: RE: [Leica] 0.58 vs 0.72 Mag Finder
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 06:29:51 -0800

I've absolutely fallen in love with the .58 finder.  I'm wearing glasses more these days, so the extra eye relief is welcome.  I echo the recent sentiment on the list that the .58 has the best 35mm frame since the M2.  In fact, I think it's even better, due to the lack of the 135 frame and the slightly smaller frame size.  For a 28 it's a huge step up in usability. I find the 50mm frame gives a psychological feel of a short tele - so it may change the way you see with this lens a bit.  For me the 90mm frame is usable, though not as easily as the one on the .85.

The same comments apply to the VF on the Hexar RF, of course.  For wide-to-normal shooters like me, this magnification is a revelation.

Paul Chefurka