Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Archival of digital images
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 15:19:43 -0400

That's true, Martin.  I've finally settled on saving a raw scan at highest
resolution as a Genuine Fractal.  Then I save a cleaned up JPEG for
reference, the web,  and to make contact sheets.  The Genuine Fractals end
up being 20 MB in Lossless and 4 MB in Visually Lossless formats.  That
fills up a CD pretty fast but it still take less room to store than the
300,000+ slides that I have in my hanging files!  The hassle comes in when
I try to label them all and add keywords for stock submissions!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com