Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M2 and 28mm
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:00:16 EST

Being an avid M2 user I have devised my own way of using the 28 on these
bodies. Take a piece of black tape (I use gaffer-tape) and stick it over the
frame-line illumination window (thats the one next to the viewfinder window).
This 'blanks" out the framelines in the finder and all that remains is the
rangefinder patch and the edge of the viewfinder. This is close enough for
28mm work for me. I find that if the framelines are still visible, I keep
confusing myself and look at the framelines. Works like a charm with the
28/2,8 Ricoh too, except that the lens is so small that I keep thinking I
have a 35/2 on the camera!
Tom A