Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #37
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:31:25 +0000

> Henry Krzciuk wrote
>
> I have been using my M6TTL for a couple of months now
> and put it to the test this weekend with three
> grandchildren, ages 10 months, 2 years, and 6 years.
>
> I just couldn't focus fast enough and missed so many
> great shots.  Went to the zoo and shot more outside
> stuff with greatly varying light which added time to
> setup the f stop.  I was really frusrated and yearned
> for my old Canon EOS3 with zooom lens and auto
> everything.

Henry,
I have had similar experience and nowadays the only thing I do use autofocus
for is my children. Everything else, including a minimal amount of
motorsport photography I find manual focus satisfactory and use my Leica.
As far as exposure is concerned I find that the M meter plus experience
results in more well exposed shots than any auto system I have used, though
the modern matrix systems are much better than the older ttl systems , and
none, of course, near as good as using an incident meter;-)
GDR
cheers Frank

Replies: Reply from Steven Melnyk <melnyk@msu.edu> (Re: [Leica] R8 or Autofocus?)