Subject: Re: [Leica] RE : FOM2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 16:23:15 -0500

>>Steve LeHuray jotted down the following:
>>
>>>  I agree Doug. FOM2 is a fantastic idea that is not getting much
> response.
>>>  And the PAW crowd (myself included) should be posting their pictures
> there
>>>  also. The FOM2 needs more marketing.
>>
>>Maybe the format's wrong.  Rather than having us explicitly submit, perhaps
>>the coordinator (Alastair?) should request the inclusion of images he
> thinks
>>fit particularly well.  As it has been noted before, photographers are
>>notoriously bad editors of their own work.  At least use the two as
>>complementary strategies.
>>
>>M.
>>
>>Alastair Firkin answered :
>>Its a bit hard to sit in judgement of images. If the group likes an
>>image, why not as a group encourage its submission?
>>
>>Remember, it does not really matter if you are unsure about your
>>work, there is no restriction on entries, so get those images in and
>>up and we will have a wonderful selection to work on in November.
>

> and another lugger stated :
>

>>I agree that there are some fine images, but the photographers do not seem
>>to be credited.
>
> and Guy  answered :
>
>>That's true, but that's the nature of the project. The photos are to be
>>judged later this year, and the photographers are to remain anonymous for
>>reasons of impartiality.
>>
> Dear all,
>
> I agree with Guy . I think the photographs submitted to FOM2 must
> be original ones, I mean never seen on a personal web site like PAW or
> something else. Otherwise where is anonymity (if this point is critical for
> the vote)? And I don't think we should give any comment on the LUG about the
> quality of the pictures of FOM2 - just vote on the request of Alastair.
>

> Just my 2 cents
>
> Bernard
>
> bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be

Bernard,

I agree with you completely that there should be NO photo credits until
after the first year's 100 have been selected. Besides I think it is fun to
try and match the styles of the photos to various LUG
people......hmmmmm...that looks like it was taken with a Noctilux...ummmm,
let me think, now who has a Noctilux?

Steve
Annapolis