Subject: [Leica] RE : FOM2
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:04:05 +0100

>Steve LeHuray jotted down the following:
>
>>  I agree Doug. FOM2 is a fantastic idea that is not getting much
response.
>>  And the PAW crowd (myself included) should be posting their pictures
there
>>  also. The FOM2 needs more marketing.
>
>Maybe the format's wrong.  Rather than having us explicitly submit, perhaps
>the coordinator (Alastair?) should request the inclusion of images he
thinks
>fit particularly well.  As it has been noted before, photographers are
>notoriously bad editors of their own work.  At least use the two as
>complementary strategies.
>
>M.
>
>Alastair Firkin answered :
>Its a bit hard to sit in judgement of images. If the group likes an
>image, why not as a group encourage its submission?
>
>Remember, it does not really matter if you are unsure about your
>work, there is no restriction on entries, so get those images in and
>up and we will have a wonderful selection to work on in November.

and another lugger stated :

>I agree that there are some fine images, but the photographers do not seem
>to be credited.

and Guy  answered :

>That's true, but that's the nature of the project. The photos are to be
>judged later this year, and the photographers are to remain anonymous for
>reasons of impartiality.

Dear all,

I agree with Guy . I think the photographs submitted to FOM2 must
be original ones, I mean never seen on a personal web site like PAW or
something else. Otherwise where is anonymity (if this point is critical for
the vote)? And I don't think we should give any comment on the LUG about the
quality of the pictures of FOM2 - just vote on the request of Alastair.

Just my 2 cents

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be