Subject: [Leica] AF SLR for Leica Users
From: "Terry Sham" <tsham@netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:14:27 +0800

I am a user of Leica M. I would like to buy a AF SLR recently because of the
needs for shooting children, quick portraits amd fashion shows. I am
considering F5, EOS-1V, Maxxum 9, Contax N1 and Pentax 645N. Which one do
you prefer? Which one is best suiting the taste of Leica user of both
optical and mechanical qualities. I know each system has its own advantage
over others, but it is a really a difficult decision. Here is my comment of
those system:

Nikon = Wonderful built quality, but I don't like the pictures taken by
Nikkors because of the cool colour and too sharp.

Canon = Wonderful AF speed, large range of lenses, wonderful IS technology,
but poor built quality.

Minolta = Good optical quality, but slow AF speed and no digital body.

Contax = Best optical quality, but no flagship body. I also need some lenses
like 16mm fisheye, 28mm PC and 300mm F2.8.

Pentax = Large film advantage, but I don't know that is it convenient to
use?

Thanks for your advice!

Terry Sham

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] AF SLR for Leica Users)