Subject: [Leica] RE : FOM2
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:16:13 +0100

>>Bernard Degaute wrote:
>> I think the photographs submitted to FOM2 must
>>be original ones, I mean never seen on a personal web site like PAW or
>>something else. Otherwise where is anonymity (if this point is critical
for
>>the vote)?
>
>True to some extent at least in theory. I would still think that FOM2
>organisers have been unrestrictive in the ownership of the images. In other
>words, you can post your image in other sites and still put them up at
>FOM2. With so many websites that one can potentially visit, the chances of
>putting a name to an image in the FOM2 is in practice quite remote.
>
>Dan K.
>
>- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>          To handle a hard situation, try a soft answer.

Dan,

I'm trying to follow your great advice :-).
I agree Alastair don't talk of absolute originality of the photos submitted
to FOM2. But discussion about those photos on the LUG  is not, I think, the
guarantee of a personal and sane vote.

So I agre completely with Steve :  ...........

>I think that to be fair about influencing the final judging we would want
>have our photos exclusive to FOM2. If I take a photo that is on my website
>then put it on FOM2, anybody visiting both sites is obviously going to make
>the connection to me, or anybody else doing the same thing. I know that I
>have dozens of photos that are worthy of being on my site, but which are
>not. So why not play by the rules and make it exclusive to the FOM2?

.......... and your last post :
>I don't recall the FOM2 organisers making it a rule to have any of the
>submitted images made exclusive to FOM2. IMO, that seems reasonable. An
>image is judged on its merits.

Moreover following the rules of Alastair the photog who submits must take
pictures with the project in mind. So archives older than Oct-Nov 2000 are
unusable. So let's get out and shoot.

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] RE : FOM2)