Subject: Re: [Leica] Kenya Photos
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 07:57:55 -0500

Hi, Peter -

Thanks for your comments.  In the case of the Central America photos, I
live with the families for several days.  They eventually get used to my
photographing absolutely everything (at first they think it is hilarious)
and go about their business and lives forgetting that I'm there.  I explain
to them that I am not a guest and would like to be "invisible", otherwise,
they would spend all of their time trying to take care of and entertain
me.  I try to be very quiet and not draw attention to myself. I didn't have
time to do that in Kenya, but I did talk to the families about their
animals.  They all wanted me to take photographs of their goat or cow and
send the photographs back to them, which I will do.  They are very proud of
their animals and children, which are their total wealth.

Thanks to a LUGnut, I was able to take 100 syringes to Kenya to donate to
an AIDS prevention clinic.  They were very grateful to get them.  AIDS is a
tremendous problem in all of Africa and they need all of the help they can get!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com