Subject: Re: [Leica] Kenya Photos
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:00:08 -0800

Beautiful work as always, Tina.  You have such a knack for conveying the
humanity and soul of your subjects.

I'm curious--how do you generally work with your subjects?  Apart from the
posed "portraits," my guess is that you get people comfortable with your
presence until they stop acting like a photographer is around.  Some of
your Nicaragua photos look like they could only have been taken by a member
of the family.

Anyway, however you do it, the results are wonderful.

The Kenya photos appeared at an opportune time for me.  I just configured
and sent several computers to Zimbabwe for some health researchers who are
going there on an AIDS prevention/research project. so my thoughts are in
that part of the world right now.  Along with a shirt button that popped
off and must have ended up in one of the boxes.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA