Subject: [Leica] Re: Noctilux vs Those "Other" lenses
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:48:06 -0500

Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> wrote:

> I realize this out of focus thing is a very big number for a
> lot of you folks and yep it looks nice.
>
> But I'm always far more concerned about the "in focus part"
> and whether it makes a good picture to start with! The out
> of focus is just the fluff and if it's just a non starter
> cake the fluff ain't goin' to make it a better picture.
>
> These comments have absolutely nothing to do with the
> marvelous quality of Steve's photography as he's got the
> great cake image to start with and that's what makes it work,
> the out of focus effects is just a nice icing on the cake!

That's it exactly IMO. Stephen is excellent not only at framing but also at
choosing the most interesting element in the frame, putting it alone in
focus and thus drawing our attention to it. I've spent a good amount of time
over the past couple months enjoying his site. He's got the knack for sure.

- -Dave-