Subject: [Leica] Re: 135mm f3.4 APO-TELYT-M
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:10:59 -0500

goldframe1@yahoo.com wrote (edited):

> I keep thinking about getting this length - if I'm only carrying
> the M and I want to reach out it would be useful. I have been
> told "you'll never use" - I recognize it's not the M's strong
> point and the view-frame is small but I'd like to hear from you
> folks who have used the 135mm length with the M.

I have a Nikon 135 in LTM that I use with my IIIf and more recently my "new"
M3. I'm more comfortable with it on the M3...the frameline isn't that much
smaller than the 90 frameline on my M2. It's not a focal length I'm
particularly fond of but the extra reach can be useful. At work it comes in
handy for taking snaps out my office window of the people walking by below.
Normally, though, when I want to go longer than 90mm I'll switch to an SLR
and a 180 or 200mm lens.

As for footwear...Birkenstock Milanos do it for me during the summer but are
a tricky proposition outside here in Michigan during the winter. Out in the
foul weather I wear Red Wing boots.

- -Dave-