Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 or 50mm as standard lens - the need for speed ?
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:39:08 -0600

Mark

>>50's' you can't live without 'em!
It's a law!!!!<<

When my 35'lux went into the shop, I began using the 50/1.4 again. Received
back the 35 in no time at all (and like new thanks to Sherry Krauter) but
I'm still using the 50. I tried using the 35'lux for a day but in short
order I threw the 50 back on.

This has nothing to do with optics (and everything to do with optics)! I
mean, the 35/1.4 ASPH is superior to the 50/1.4, no question; particularly
wide open. Ever notice how your vision narrows in lower light situations?
Maybe it's the time of year, but for some reason my eyes are masked with
50mm framelines.

Dave