Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 or 50mm as standard lens - the need for speed ?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:45:21 -0800 (PST)

Mark Rabiner wrote:
Sell that 50 and you will feel hunger…
of a deeper sort...
think of your 50 as your tele lens…
some grabbing power.
A cropped 35
an extended 90
an incredible classic.
That's how i see that.
50's' you can't live without 'em!
It's a law!!!!
I can live without a 50! Honest!

But only because I have an Elmarit-R 60mm macro, which is as good as
any 50 I've ever seen, despite its max. aperture of f/2.8. It makes a
superb "standard" lens and is especially useful for full-length
portrait shots. I use it for most of my photography. If I need a bit
more width and/or speed, I use my Summicron-R 35. If I want a tighter
portrait, e.g. head and shoulders or head only, then my Elmarit-R 90
fits the bill.

Regards,

=====
Ray