Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Elmars, sepia on computer screens
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:55:36 -0500

Douglas Cooper jotted down the following:

> I'm working on a flat panel -- it would be interesting to know whether others
> have found this with conventional monitors.

While flat panels are great for a lot of work, image editing and colour work
is not for flat panels.  Their reproduction is quite different -- and a lot
worse -- than traditional CRT monitors.  I learnt this the hard way: did
image manipulation of B&W images on an active matrix LCD flat panel and when
I viewed my results on a regular CRT monitor, I wanted to throw up!

M.

- --
Martin Howard                    |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU      | The New Economy: Creating difficulties
email: howard.390@osu.edu        | to sell solutions.