Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA service vs Kindermann (Canada) service!
From: Jacques Leonard <lucenepveu@videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:53:14 -0400

>I occasionally see negative comments on Leica US service, and I would like
>to report a positive experience.  I had problems with an R8 and motor drive
>combination (both under warranty) and sent them to Northvale on 12 January
>2000.  They were received by Leica US on the 16th, and I got them back in
>what appears to be perfect working order today (the 26th).  Ten business
>days between my shipping the camera and their having it back in my hands
>seems like exemplary performance on their part.
>
>Adam

Hi Adam,

Not bad.

As a comparison, this Monday Jan. 22, I send (Fedex) my M4P from Montreal
to Toronto to Kindermann (Canada), former Leica importer here. They still
give the best service on Leica equipment in this country.
Tuesday, Gerry Smith (Senior Leica Service Technician) calls me. The camera
needs rangefinder calibration and frame line adjustment.
Today, Friday afternoon, UPS brings the repaired camera back, with one year
warranty and free return shipping. Five business days!

How's that?

Cheers,

Jacques Leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca