Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica facts
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 19:15:05 -0700

> >On this issue of back focus - it's my understanding that wide-angle
> >lenses are more critical for back focus than long lenses, rather
> >than less critical.  Something about depth of field and depth of
> >focus being inversely related or something.  Can anyone enlighten me?

> It's not that wide angles are more critical; the f/stop is all that
> matters.

The f/stop is all that matters if the photographs are enlarged to the same
magnification and viewed from the same distance (this is usually the case).
The focus is more critical for WA lenses if the photos are viewed at the
correct distance for perspective.

Message from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] Re: Konica facts)