Subject: Re: [Leica] what's the difference between old and new Tri-Elmar
From: "Dave Richards" <dprichards@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:57:18 -0700

>re-designed a newer one.  Any thoughts.  My trielmar on my M6 does not click
>the correct frames every time but I thought of this as a minor flaw - has
>this been fixed - someone on the list last week with a newer version seemed
>to indicate not.

Mine doesn't bring up the 28 and 35 frame lines unless I turn the ring a
little past the detent, but as long as I turn the ring to the stop, not
just the detent, this is okay.  The 50 position is very positive and brings
the frame line up just before reaching the detent.  To me there are three
differences between the first and second models.

1.  It now uses a 49mm filter which allows me to use it with my Leica
polarizer.  (I have one that hasn't fallen apart.)

2.  It was less expensive than the first model.

3.  The lens was available when I had the money.  I didn't have the folding
ready when the first model was out.

Dave Richards
Littleton, Colorado, USA
dprichards@qwest.net