Subject: Re: [Leica] future of trees
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:35:27 -0600

Tim,

>> > Move to west Texas. While hitchhiking, I met a fellow from there who
>> > would get nervous driving places where there were trees on the side
>> > of the road.
>Naw, a West Texan. What they call a tree there, you'd think of as
>a shrub. (That is not a political statment).

As a former west Texan (Lubbock) I can attest to that!!  Also they all bend
sort of to the south from the winds sweeping down the plains.  Not to
mention the tumble weeks that pile up on the doors, etc., on the north and
west of the house. During the Christmas season people there used to stack
them up and spray paint them - kind of looked like Christmas trees!  Great
for Leica pictures.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX (formerly Lubbock, Texas and Norman, OK)