Subject: [Leica] Re: LHSA Meeting
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:11:56 -0800

At 03:41 PM 1/29/01 -0600, Bill Grimwood wrote:
>LHSA was not able to find a Hotel in downtown Portland that had an opening
>in October.  So it was switched to San Antonio.
>
>Bill Grimwood

Bad choice. If a west coast venue was chosen, it should stay on the west
coast. Like Seattle, San Francisco, etc.

Actually, October is when San Francisco shines. Clear blue skies, no fog,
great time to photograph a great city.

San Francisco and the surrounding area has an enormous photographic appeal.
And look who lives/lived here or near here, besides our own LUG Meister
Brian Reid:

Adams, Weston's, Sexton, Rowell, Lanting, Gavrillis, Atkinsin, Hutchings,
Bear, Beebe, DeWitt Jones, Lepp, Dressler, Sturges, and many more that I
cannot think of right now.

Jim