Subject: Re: [Leica] Aux finder for 90mm
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:53:49 -0500

Mark Rabiner jotted down the following:

> And for the 135 I'll need a finder for that if I'm going to use it with a .58
> body. 135 framlines were left off that body and i don't' agree with that. The
> 135 frame indicates what the metering would be and does not distract.

The M6.58 is the modern day M2 with a built-in meter.  Just a 35mm
frameline, no clutter.  The 135 frameline would completely destroy the
concept.  I guarantee that 99% of the people who bought an M6.58 with 135mm
framelines (if it existed) would never use a 135mm lens on that camera and
if two versions were offered, 99% would buy the one without the 135mm
framelines.

Now, if I could only get an M6 classic body (with the shutter speed dial
that TURNS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION and NO CHRISTMAS DISPLAY IN THE VF) with a
0.58x finder... ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | It's not who you are, it's who
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | you know that counts.

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Aux finder for 90mm)