Subject: Re: [Leica] SF 20 fires when winding
From: "Leslie Koh" <kys@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:17:45 +0800

> Sometimes my SF 20 goes off when I advance the film in my M6 TTL.  Does
this
> happen to anyone else?  It only occurs maybe once every roll or two; not
> enough to be a real nuisance, but I do wonder if it is indicative of a
> problem with my particular M6 or SF 20.

This problem was brought up some time back and I don't think the root of the
problem that caused the inadvertent triggering of the flash when advancing
the film was identified.  After a bit of trial and error, I found that by
ensuring that the flash is not turned on till it is securely (and I mean
SECURELY - push the mount into the shoe firmly and lock it down tight!)
mounted onto my 0.85 TTL, the irritating problem would go away.  Having said
that, I never had any problems at all with the SF-20 on my other 0.72 TTL
irregardless of how it went on.  I suspect a bad pin contact that causes a
short in the TTL circuitry beneath the top plate is a possible cause of the
problem.  Let us know what you find out during the course of your
investigations.

Leslie Koh

Replies: Reply from "Jerry S. Justianto" <jsjm6@cbn.net.id> ([Leica] Leica Ebooks)