Subject: [Leica] Re: Used Summicron M 50 mm--vintage 1966
From: "Leslie E. England" <engl6914@iamerica.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:07:04 +0000

I have a DR Summicron M 50 mm, vintage 1960, purchased on Ebay.  I've
learned photography with a Nikon F3 with 50 mm lens.  The Summicron
images are riveting.  The Nikon 5 cm, vintage 1996, just can't get the
fine detail in lace or facial tones the way the 1960 Summicron can.  You
linger over the photos, then pick them back up and linger some more.
Buy the 1966 Summicron.  Pay the man whatever he wants for it, and don't
look back.

Lee England