Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:46:30 -0800

Bill Grimwood wrote:

> Many at the meeting have requested a downtown meeting wherever we go.
> Honestly I personally prefer to be in the suburbs.
>
> Bill Grimwood

The point man for LHSA for the meeting in Portland was George Dolittle whom i
just spoke to this morning.
It appears portland really IS booked up for October 2001 and if we wanted 2002
to time to start planning would be now.

Bill and any others why do you want to be in the suburbs?
For vacations don't you want a taste of reality?
I grew up in the suburbs. Darn hard to find a shot.
When i go on vacations i want real places.
Many cities are quite safe. And that's were the shots are.
To commute into a city on a tour buss during rush hour and then back is murder.
(You can have that at home.)
Depending on who you are sitting with on the bus.

What will the malls in San Antonio look like?
not much diffent from the ones in Boston and Chicago and Denver if I'm not mistaken.
Same with the suburbs themselves. Particle board covered with plastic.
I'm lucky to be in a position where i am able to rent a car and get shots in
town on my own.
But it would sure be nice to do this with the whole group.... walking around a
cool city on a photo tour without having to take an hour to get there. Taking a
break between slide shows to get some shots. (photos)
And not be crawling along in a bus going 10 m.p.h. on a freeway.

Mark rabiner

Message from Bill Grimwood <Bill@grimwood.net> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting)