Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting
From: Bill Grimwood <Bill@grimwood.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:53:13 -0600

>Bill and any others why do you want to be in the suburbs?
>For vacations don't you want a taste of reality?

Hotels in downtown are more costly, they usually charge for parking.  I
usually rent a car.  When I went to Denver to help make the arrangements
there I was panhandled three times in about a fifteen minute walk right in
downtown.  Is this the enviroment we want to subject our members,
especially the older ones to?  Another thing is security, while on that
walk in Denver I never saw athe first Denver policeman.  Remember many
members have thousands of dollars worth of Leicas in their rooms.

The beer at the sidewalk cafe-pubs was wonderful though.  I enjoy
mini-breweries.

I realize there are many benefits of going downtown.  I love downtown
Chicago but the place in the suburb was very nice.  I am not totally
against downtown and will work on locating the convention where the
officers of LHSA instruct me to.  I work from the appointment of the
president and will do whatever possible to carry out his wishes.

Hopefully we will be in Portland in 2001.

Bill Grimwood

Message from Bill Grimwood <Bill@grimwood.net> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting)