Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:47:16 -0500

Steve LeHuray jotted down the following:

> .An improved Viewfinder, move from quarterly to bi-monthly and accept
> advertising.

YES!  Provided it doesn't become the Shudderbug.  Advertising should be
limited in space and content to that which is Leica related.  I wouldn't
want to see 28 pages of B&H ads in the Viewfinder!

> .Get a second-class mail permit for Viewfinder.

YES!

> .Hire a art director for Viewfinder. Graphically it looks like a cheap
> newsletter from the '60's.

ROTFLOL!

> .Get rid of that dumb catalog and put the ads in Viewfinder.

Actually, I think the catalog works nicely.  I like having all those
classifieds in one place: I'm not sure that putting them in the back of each
Viewfinder (for example) would be much better.

> A much better website with regular updates.

YES!

> .Have a forumn for member feedback.

YES!

> .Figure a way to get rid of that ol' boy image.

YES!

> .Hold the Annual Meeting downtown.

YES!

> .Have regional meetings.

YES!

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |   Even permanence is transitional.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] LHSA Meeting)