Subject: Re: [Leica] What makes a good photo (was: Lee's week four)
From: "julianthomas.terra.es" <julianthomas@terra.es>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:48:44 +0100

I'm late getting back to this Ted, sorry. You know, I agree with you. I have
a nervous reaction when I think people are saying 'don't think about this
stuff'. What worries me so much is not really the attitude of  photogs, but
the lack of thought by punters of the difference between good, bad, and
mediocre photography. I had an English teacher when i was at school who used
to talk and teach about photography at the same time as teaching English. i
saw my first Don McCullin photo in one of his classes, but now... I dunno.
You are dead right abouit shooting with the gut - I get the same buzz out of
shooting as I used to playing jazz. It's the afterwards that any reflection
comes in.

Thanks for the dialogue!

Julian