Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: D1X and D1H
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:04:13 -0500

AltaVista Translation:

D1-X: 5 million pixels!
With version X, s?attaque Nikon with the images very high resolution. With
the c?ur of l?appareil, one finds a new sensor 5,3 mégapixels of 4.024 X
1.324 rectangular photosites, coupled to an astonishing processor which
ensures a horizontal compression in a report/ratio of x0,75 and a vertical
interpolation reverses (x1,5), so that the final images represent 3.000 X
1.960 pixels! 5,9 million pixels, is 18 Mo in mode tiff RVB). Very astute,
the Nikon technicians adopt, for the collection of the infos, a solution
which guarantees a good speed, in spite of the weight of the files. The
reading s?effectue by columns each column comprising the same number of
pixels qu?un D1?base?, the speed of cooling of the CCC is preserved. In
recording, the performances remain good, with a buffer accepting jusqu?à 9
after-images with 3 i/s.

(Ah, if only mon pere had not shied from learning me his native tongue!)
Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé