Subject: Re: [Leica] HIE
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 22:45:06 -0800

"Henning J. Wulff" wrote:
><Snip>
> These are Kindermann tanks? If so, they're fine in normal (100w type)
> darkroom lighting. I wouldn't take them outdoors, but I've had some
> of these tanks for a long time, and they haven't destroyed any HIE
> yet.

Metal tanks with black plastic lids. Not Kinderman i'm pretty sure. Stainless steel.
I'm a little worried the lids might not be light tight to UV or I R.
And as this stuff is 12 bucks a roll and I've got to bracket like crazy.
I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I'm using a rangefinder cam rea and
get a filter which only transmits I R;
no visible light.
But right now just a regular red filter.
They say to shoot it at asas 50 but not to meter though the filter.
So i should to use a hand held meter and not meter TTL though the red filter?
I know I'll live but i wonder if that is also really necessary.
I'll know soon enough.

mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] HIE)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] HIE)